What would your company do in the event of a server room fire? All the data would be lost, and operationally, it would be very difficult to get back to “business as usual” within 30 days. The cost of clean-up (debris, water damage), downtime, and equipment would be substantial. We have found a great number of companies look at the cost of a Stat-X Fire Suppression Solution as an insurance policy to ensure things would be immediately operational, in case of disaster.
We can’t stress enough the importance of fire suppression. Unfortunately, most companies only realize after a fire has occurred, that they should have installed a solution to guard against fire damage.
– According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), there were fires every 23 seconds totaling 1,389,500 fires in the US alone, causing in excess of $12 billion in property damage for the year 2011
– NFPA also found that over 64% of fires in commercial buildings are due to power and climate control equipments – both types of equipments essentially running 24/7 in most server rooms
– “30% of all businesses that have a major fire go out of business within a year. 70% fail within five years” – Home Office Computing Magazine
– “93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster ” – National Archives & Records Administration in Washington
– A large percentage of the cost of data loss incidents comes from loss of productivity during clean up and repair. And not all of the mess is a direct cause of the fire – often, clean up of water from fire sprinklers or chemicals from Halon systems can cost just as much time
It is essential to learn about the various hazards that are present within your data computer room-Contact us and we will arrange your no cost, no obligation, impact analysis!